Tel. 020 8900 9519
5 Forum House, Empire Way
Wembley, Middlesex. HA9 0AB
At Villcare, we aim to support service users to lead a fulfilling life, helping them to achieve as much independence as possible and to engage in the activities of their choice. We offer:
- An annual holiday (either in the UK or abroad)
- A huge range of in house activities: from helping with the daily activities of living, to cookery and aromatherapy sessions, to games and puzzles
- Special days out: anything from seeing the circus or pantomime when they are in town, to visiting Whipsnead Zoo or Aldenham Country Park
- Celebrating special events, such as birthdays and religious festivals
- A choice of menus, developed in consultation with a qualified nutritionist
- Mealtimes the way service user want them: as an unhurried, social event in the communal dining area or in their own room
- Contact with family and friends: visitors are welcome at any reasonable time of day. Service users can choose to meet them in one of the communal areas, or in their own room
- Strong links with the local community, helping service users access local amenities such as day centres, places of worship and visits from charitable organisations (e.g. Mencap).
Each service user has an individual, personalised care plan and risk assessment written for him or her. This is an in-depth document which captures the service users: medical history and background; likes and dislikes; the care to be given, including any medication; preferred activities; behaviour management (including triggers to challenging behaviour); cultural and spiritual considerations and other information as necessary.
The plan is reviewed formally on an annual basis, in consultation with the service user, their family members, social worker and any healthcare professionals involved in their care. It is further updated as and when his/her needs change. The service user will be asked to approve and sign their care plan.